Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you serve for?
It depends on the size of your event or party, and the number of guests we’re catering for but it can be anything from 90 minutes to a few hours.
Do we need power?
No! All our vans are self-powered and Rosey the tricycle doesn’t need hooking up to the mains either.
What locations do Patsy, Terence and Rosey travel to?
Pink’s Vintage Ice Cream are based in Chichester and we cover a 40 mile radius. This means you can call on us for ice cream van hire West Sussex, East Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire. We can travel further afield, please get in touch with us to discuss this.
What happens if it rains?
A spot of rain never hurt anyone (or put anyone off their ice cream!) and it all adds to the good old fashioned British theme of Pink’s! Some people worry we might not turn up if it rains but have no fear, the Pink’s team will always turn up at the agreed service time come wind, rain or shine!
Can we take photos?
Yes, and we encourage it! (Mrs Whippy loves a selfie) Although we can’t invite everyone into the vans for a photo opportunity, the bride, groom or guest of honour can come on in and get their photo taken whilst they serve their guests! All of Pinks Vintage Vehicles provide the perfect backdrop for that unique photo op!
Can we get in the van?
Brides, grooms and guests of honour are welcome to join us in the van for a photo and to serve their guests.
What ice creams and lollies do you serve?
- Whippy Treats: 99’s, Screwballs, Oysters.
- Toppings: Strawberry, Chocolate, Lime, Bubble Gum and Toffee Syrup Sauces. Hundreds and Thousands, Strawberry Sherbet, Chopped Nuts, and the iconic Cadbury flake of course!
- New Forest Ice Cream: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Choc Chip, Rum and Raisin to name but a few. There are over 50 flavours to choose from.
- New Forest Sorbet: Champagne, Lemon, Orange, Raspberry, Blackcurrant, Passion Fruit, Mango and Mojito.
- Lollies: (Retro and no mistake about it.) Cherry Brandy, Cider, Strawberry Mivi, Choc Ice.
- Sweeties: Rhubarb & Custard, Lemon Sherbets, Cola Cubes, Sugar Mice, Dip Dabs, soft Shrimps and Bananas.
- Dog Ice Cream: honey and banana, strawberry and apple, apple, banana and carrot.
- Drinks: We can also supply a range of cold soft drinks, Pimms and Champagne.
Do you offer ice creams for different dietary requirements?
We will always do our best to cater for any dietary or allergy requirements. Please contact us directly to find out which ice creams and lollies will be suitable.
Do you really serve dog ice cream?!
Yes, we do! We stock Billy + Margot dog ice treats in 3 flavours. They’re dairy free and 100% vegetarian (and completely safe for humans to eat too!)
Are you always dressed up in Vintage?
How many ice creams do we get?
We price our ice cream van hire on number of people. This includes at least one ice cream per person and unlimited retro sweeties. But, we know some guests have a sweet tooth and can’t resist coming back for more, so within reason seconds (and sometimes thirds!) are available…
Will we get the ice cream chimes when you turn up?
Yes! It wouldn’t be a vintage ice cream van experience without them. If we’re surprising your guests then we can park up around the corner from your venue and put the chimes on at the perfect time to call your guests out for ice cream! We’ll work with you to agree the perfect time, or prompt, to put them on.
We also like to leave with the chimes ringing, so you can wave Pink’s Vintage Ice Creams goodbye!
What’s the price of having Pink’s Vintage Ice Cream at our event or wedding?
Each customer we work with is priced to their exact requirements on the day. Pricing is based per guest and includes travel within a 40 mile radius of Chichester. For venues outside of this area a minimal travel charge will apply.
Please give us a call on 01243 867422 to enquire and get a personalised quote.
Do we have to pay a deposit?
Yes, most of our bookings require a deposit to secure the date:
- Weddings: All weddings require a £100 booking deposit to secure the booking, with final payment due 6 weeks before your wedding day.
- Parties: All parties require full payment in advance to ensure the chosen date and time is secured. If you have more than 100 guests at your party a deposit payment can be arranged.
- Corporate: We will invoice for the full amount in advance.
Do all your van’s have a food safety certificate?
Yes! We adhere to all health and food safety regulations and we display our certificates inside the vans. If you want to check our certification, please send us an enquiry through our contact form.
What’s the best way to book?
Call the team on 01243 867422 and we can get to know you, your event and provide a personalised quote. If you’re happy to go ahead, we’ll get you booked in!
Where can I find out more about Pink’s Vintage Ice Cream and who will be serving?
Still got questions?
Call us on 01243 867422 and we’ll be happy to help!